Silva Furniture—Built with a Strong Commitment to Safety, Health and Durability
When you’re buying things for your children, your first concern is always the health and safety of your child. At Silva Furniture, we understand—we are parents, too. For three decades, we’ve made the safety of our cribs, beds, dressers and other children’s furniture our passion. We want parents to purchase our products with complete confidence that their children will be safe from harm.
For more information about our wide array of children’s furniture offerings, or to place an order, complete and submit the convenient contact form below or call us at 833-854-7587. We ship to Austin, across the state of Texas, and throughout the United States. To see and shop from our extensive selection, click on the links below:
Safety | Durability | Simple Elegance—The Benefits for Parents in Austin
At Silva Furniture, we have carefully crafted our cribs, beds, dressers and other children’s furniture to ensure long-term value and the health of your child:
- Our furniture is made by skilled European craftsmen, using materials obtained exclusively from sustainable sources. We purchase only from wood vendors who comply with all the terms of European Treaty for Forest Conservation, and the Forest Stewardship Council. Additionally, all hardware, finishes and other materials used in the construction of our furniture are sourced entirely on the European continent.
- We build our cribs and beds from solid beechwood, a highly coveted Northern hemisphere hardwood, known for its unmatched workability, finishing and mechanical properties. Beechwood offers a hardness and durability similar to oak or maple, with a weight and density that make our furniture virtually free from tip-overs.
- We also use solid hardwood for any exposed parts of our dressers and other furniture, stabilizing the furniture against the impact of fluctuations in temperature or humidity. Our dressers all come with a wall-anchoring kit, and use state-of-the-art soft-closing German drawer hardware, helping protect large and small fingers. The closing mechanisms have an unparalleled life expectancy—about 80,000 uses in independent tests…that’s about 70 years!
- English dovetails hold our dresser drawers together, offering both elegance and functionality.
- We use only solid wood corner brackets on all our furniture, maximizing strength and durability while minimizing the risk of injury.
- Our furniture finishes are all vegetable or water-based, containing no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as lead, formaldehyde, phthalates or other known toxins.
At Silva, we have always designed and crafted our children’s furniture to strictly comply with the safety guidelines established by the federal Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). We regularly bring new products and designs to CPSC-approved testing facilities for inspection and review. We also keep a close watch on our European production facilities and practices, so that we can assure compliance with safety and health requirements.
We follow CPSC guidelines on the spacing of slats on our cribs, minimizing the risk that a child will fall through or get stuck in between them. We also know that sharp edges and small parts can be dangerous to small children and have worked hard to eliminate their use or presence in our products.
Safe and Healthy Children’s Furniture in Austin, Texas
At Silva, we have been dedicated to providing parents in Austin and across the country with safe, affordable and attractive children’s furniture options for nearly 30 years. Family-owned and operated, we are thrilled to have our third generation now actively involved in the day-to-day operations of our business.
The Silva 4-in-1 Cribs and Beds—The Only Place Your Child Will Ever Sleep
- On the High setting, it’s a traditional crib, providing comfort and safety to your child, with ease of access for you
- When your child reaches the toddler stage, lower the bed to the Middle setting, allowing your child a bit more independence
- Use the lowest setting to give your child his or her first “big-kid” bed, which can meet their needs until they leave home for college
Don’t spend money unnecessarily, replacing your child’s crib with a toddler bed and a big-kid bed. Silva’s convertible 4-in-1 cribs and beds are built to last.
Step Up to Silva
At Silva Furniture, we make cribs, beds, dressers and other children’s furniture that promotes the safety and well-being of your child while offering long-term value and visual appeal. To learn more about our wide selection of children’s furniture, call us today at 833-854-7587 or send us a message through our convenient contact form. We ship our furniture to locations throughout Texas, including the greater Austin area, and across the United States.