Safe, Healthy and Long-Lasting Furniture in Detroit
Cribs, Beds, Dressers and Other Children’s Furniture for Parents in Detroit
As a parent, there’s nothing more important than the safety and health of your child. When you’re looking to purchase anything, including furniture, you want to make certain that it’s been designed and crafted to minimize the risk of injury or exposure to dangerous materials or substances. But you also want to a crib, bed or dresser that will last, and that enhances the décor in your child’s room.
Cribs and Beds | Dressers | Accessories Jackson Collection | Edison Collection | Serena Collection
Silva Furniture—Safety, Health and Value for Families in the Motor City
At Silva, we share your concerns about the safety and well-being of your child:
- We carefully craft our children’s furniture exclusively in Europe, working exclusively with entirely sustainable sources. All wood for our furniture comes from suppliers who comply with all the terms of European Treaty for Forest Conservation, and the Forest Stewardship Council. Furthermore, all hardware, finishes and other materials used on our furniture are sourced entirely on the European continent.
- All Silva cribs are made with solid beechwood, a renowned Northern hemisphere hardwood that combines excellent workability, finishing and mechanical properties with the hardness and durability of oak or maple. The weight and density of beechwood also provide a stability that makes the furniture virtually tip-proof.
- We use solid wood for all exposed components of our dressers and other furniture, counteracting the potential impact of changes in temperature or humidity. Every dresser comes with a wall-anchoring kit, and uses soft-closing German hardware. Big and little fingers are less likely to get pinched and the drawers will easily open and close for a lifetime. In fact, independent studies consistently show the hardware to last for approximately 80,000 uses, an estimated period of 70 years!
- English dovetails hold all our dresser drawers together, providing elegance and aesthetic appeal, as well as one of the strongest wood joints available
- We use only solid wood corner brackets on all our furniture, promoting strength and durability with minimal risk of injury
- We apply only vegetable or water-based finishes, with no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as lead, formaldehyde, phthalates or other known toxins
Our 4-in-1 Cribs and Beds—Designed to Grow with your Child
- On the High setting, the 4-in-1 functions just like a traditional crib, providing all the comfort and protection you need for an infant
- When your child reaches the toddler stage, lower the 4-in-1 to the Middle setting
- When your child is ready for his or her first big-kid bed, drop down to the Lowest setting, where your child will have ease of access and independence
With a 4-in-1 convertible crib/bed, you won’t have to buy a new bed every time your child outgrows one—just modify the bed to meet their needs. In addition, our attention to detail and quality of materials ensures that your child’s bed will stand the test of time.
An Investment, not an expense
You want only the best for your child—so do we! Our cribs, beds, dressers and other children’s furniture promote safety and value. Having a child is a significant financial effort for most parents, we get it. But making smart decisions, saves money and stress. In Europe they say "We're too poor, to buy cheapo stuff", just think about it...
To learn more about our wide selection of children’s furniture, call us today at 980-585-1460 or send us a message through our convenient contact form. We ship our furniture across Michigan, including Detroit, and throughout the United States.