NOT ALL FURNITURE IS CREATED EQUAL
Furniture comes in many colors and shapes and some may look similar in photos but not all furniture is created equal. We encourage all parents to scratch beneath the surface because some brands focus more on marketing, that beautiful video and photos so you may pay for the next customer's Ad click. We focus on the product quality and we invite you to put us to the test.
You might think that quality costs a fortune. Not true. Purchasing poor quality costs a fortune because you need to buy it over and over again and it is often not priced much lower than great value. We see furniture as an Investment in you and your family, not an expense and the foundation for long lasting furniture rests on material selection and manufacturing quality: the wood, the glues, the finishes, the hardware but also the people who are making of furniture. Design is also very important for Parenting is a Journey and you'll need furniture to meet different sets of expectations during this journey.
Our wood choice is Beechwood for its overall superior properties and suitability. Eco-consciously harvested hardwood with excellent resistance to mechanical impact, finishing and environmental tolerance. Our dresser hardware is made in Germany, and our finishes are organic vegetable and water-based.
GROWING ALONG WITH YOUR FAMILY
Our cribs are made of hardwood and designed to grow along with your child. Their convertible design allows them to be used longer which means lots of savings for parents but are also good for the environment. The adjustable mattress support has 3 height positions for maximum convenience: you can (and should) lower your mattress as your child grows and her mobility and motion increases. When your child reaches approx. 30" in height or around the age of 2 years old, you should consider converting your crib to toddler bed to allow easy In/Out access.
Around the age of 4 to 5 years old most children are ready to transition to a big-kid bed and yes, you should make a big deal out of it. The solid wood construction is the assurance that the crib will last through all the previous stages of conversion and will be a comfortable place for your child to sleep for many more years to come.
TESTED AND CERTIFIED
At Silva Furniture we are periodically testing our products in the US at Consumer Product Safety Commission accredited laboratories. In addition to these third-party tests we perform production quality tests on each lot completed at our manufacturing facility in Europe. All Silva cribs including the Jackson Convertible, the Serena Convertible and the Edison Convertible are tested based ASTM standards and they meet all codes of federal regulations. Silva Furniture finishes like Flint, Cherry and White are 100% non-toxic, do not contain chemical accelerants, Lead or other metal hardeners, or VOCs. The color agent is always organic and vegetable based but the main difference is that our finishes are applied the old fashioned "layered" way. There are 3 coats of stain applied with fine sanding in between and then a clear coating applied to seal the finish. We also sprinkle a little bit of passion and enthusiasm but you will likely not notice it right away.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING
Okay, you might not want to get pudding all over your brand new furniture but, Quality is a Journey, it is something that you have to try for yourself and "taste" and experience over a period of time. Quality is not a 2-day prime delivery and you might want see your nursery furniture and touch it before buying it. Your baby will sleep ten to twelve hours in her crib and you will still need a storage dresser when she is ten years old. You might want to have furniture that will last thru the baby and toddler days, Pre-k and further on and you will be happy to discover a few things about Silva Furniture:
- Our drawer hardware systems are made in Germany with galvanized steel and feature a hydraulic operation guaranteed for over 70 years. "Das Furniture" (translates Silva furniture from German)
- These drawers are equipped with a German made soft-closing systems which prevent finger pinching or similar accidents. Each drawer is equipped with a set of high-density carbon polymer latch triggers as well as anti-tipping locks. Falling drawers are the most common incidents with baby furniture and our systems eliminate this risk.
- All our case goods come with wall anchoring kits and we strongly advise you to SECURE ALL YOUR CASE GOODS TO THE WALL.
- Drawer boxes can also be adjusted over time if the environmental conditions cause significant shift in the wooden assembles.
- Half-blind English Dove-tailed drawers are built with non-toxic glues and concealed fastening systems. All drawer fronts mounted after the box completion to ensure component longevity and resistance.
- All Silva finishes are non-toxic and do not contain those hard-to-spell chemicals, like Formaldehyde or Phenol or Phthalates. Safe and Healthy and Durable.