At Silva Furniture, we have carefully developed our products and our process with an emphasis on safety, health and long-term value:
- We have all of our cribs, beds, dressers and other items made in Europe, with top-of-the-line materials, secured exclusively from wholly sustainable sources. The solid hardwoods used in our furniture come only from vendors who strictly comply with provisions of the European Treaty for Forest Conservation, and the standards set forth by the Forest Stewardship Council. All hardware, finishes and other materials used in our products come exclusively from vendors on the European continent.
We also use solid hardwoods for the exposed parts in dressers and other furniture items, helping counteract the effects of changes in humidity or temperature. Every dresser comes with a wall-anchoring kit to prevent tipping. We also use soft-closing German drawer hardware on our dressers, preventing pinched fingers and minimizing wear and tear. Independent tests have found the hardware to work smoothly for about 80,000 uses…that’s around 70 years!
- All the joinery in our dressers is with English dovetails, offering unparalleled strength with simple elegance.
- We install solid wood corner brackets on all our furniture to maximize strength and stability and reduce the risk of injury.
- Our furniture won’t expose your children to any volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as lead, formaldehyde, phthalates or other known toxins. We use only water or vegetable-based finishes.
Silva Furniture—Setting the Standard for Children’s Furniture for Three Decades
At Silva Furniture, we have always been a family-owned business with a strong commitment to family values. We are thrilled to have our third generation now involved in the daily operations of our business, helping us deliver safe, attractive and durable children’s furniture to families in Boston and across the state of Massachusetts.
You’ll Love the Versatility and Durability of Silva’s 4-in-1 Crib
Raising a child can be expensive, but you never want to sacrifice the safety of your child to save money. With our unique 4-in-1 bed, you’ll only need to make one purchase from the birth of your child until they leave for college. Here’s how it works
- Put the 4-in-1 bed on the High setting and it’s a crib, offering comfort and safety for your child and easy access for you.
- Switch to the Middle setting and the 4-in-1 bed becomes a toddler bed, offering your child more independence with the same level of safety.
- Move the 4-in-1 to the Low setting and your child has his or her first “big kid” bed, large enough to last until they leave home!