Silva Furniture—European-Made Cribs, Beds and Dressers that Offer Safety and Value
When you’re purchasing anything for your child, safety is always paramount. That can be even more of a concern when it comes to their bedroom furniture. You want to know that the crib, bed or dresser that your child will use has been carefully designed and made with an emphasis on the safety and health of your child. At Silva Furniture, we understand.
At Silva Furniture, we are parents, too. We are a family owned and operated business with our third generation now involved in the day-to-day operations of our business. From our inception, nearly 30 years ago, we have always given priority to the safety and well-being of the children who use our furniture. We understand, too, that children grow quickly—buying a new piece of furniture every time they outgrow an existing one can become expensive. Our unique 4-in-1 convertible bed allows you to buy a single piece of furniture and adapt it to the changing needs of your child. Furthermore, our commitment to employ exclusively hardwood construction in all our cribs and beds, and our use of the finest, European-made hardware and other materials assures a durability and longevity that bring added value.
To see and shop our products and collections, visit our website at:
Silva Furniture—Children’s Furniture Made with Your Child’s Safety in Mind
At Silva, the safety of the children who use our furniture has always informed everything we do
- We have our cribs, beds and dressers made in Europe, using only sustainable resources. All hardware, finishes and other materials used in our furniture also come exclusively from the European continent. We require that all wood vendors for Silva’s furniture strictly comply with the terms of the European Treaty for Forest Conservation, as well as the guidelines of the Forest Stewardship Council.
- We use solid beechwood, one of the northern hemisphere’s most highly regarded hardwoods, to craft our cribs and beds. Similar to oak or maple in its density and durability, beechwood also has outstanding workability, finishing and mechanical properties. Its sheer weight makes it extremely difficult for a child to tip.
- We engineer, design and make all exposed parts in our dressers from solid wood, so that changes in temperature or humidity have a minimal effect. All dressers also include wall-anchoring kits, eliminating any falling or tipping hazard. The dressers are all equipped with soft-closing German drawer hardware, minimizing the risk of pinched fingers and adding to the dresser’s longevity. Independent tests show an average minimum of approximately 80,000 uses—about 70 years of everyday usage!
- The dresser drawers are joined with English dovetails, offering simple elegance, as well as one of the most reliable ways to hold wood together
- The dressers also have solid wood corner brackets, assuring their structural integrity and longevity and minimizing the risk of injury
- All furniture has a water or vegetable-based finishes, free of any VOCs (volatile organic compounds), including lead, formaldehyde or other toxins
We have carefully studied the regulations and recommendations of the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) for children’s furniture and fully integrated them into our design and manufacturing processes.
To ensure our compliance with CPSC requirements and guidelines, we regularly bring new products and designs to authorized CPSC testing facilities for inspection and review. We also perform frequent quality and safety audits at our facilities in Europe, verifying that our cribs, beds and dressers are made with strict adherence to safety and health requirements.
Furniture that grows along with your Family
- The High setting functions as a crib for infants
- The Middle setting meets the needs of your growing toddler
- The Low setting serves as your child’s big-person bed, offering ease of access and independence