High Quality Children’s Furniture in Dallas-Fort Worth
Silva Furniture—Committed to Safety, Health and Durability
As parents, we naturally put the safety and well-being of our children above everything else, particularly when we are purchasing products that they will use on a regular basis. At Silva Furniture, we are parents, too, so we understand your concerns. For nearly 30 years, we have designed and made cribs, beds, dressers and other children’s furniture with a primary focus—the health and safety of the children who use them.
If you don't want to read the rest of this page below, just click on these links to learn more about the cribs, bed, dressers and other items we offer.
Cribs and Beds | Dressers | Accessories Jackson Collection | Edison Collection | Serena Collection
Safe and Durable Furniture for Children throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
At Silva, the safety and health of the children who use our furniture informs everything we do:
- We make our cribs, beds, dressers and other children’s furniture entirely in Europe, using only materials from wholly sustainable sources. The vendors who supply our wood must comply with the requirements of the European Treaty for Forest Conservation, as well as the standards established by the Forest Stewardship Council. All of our hardware, finishes and other materials also come from vendors on the European continent.
- Silva’s cribs and beds are made of solid beechwood, a revered Northern hemisphere hardwood, known for its combination of workability, hardness and durability (comparable to oak or maple). Beechwood also offers excellent finishing and mechanical properties, as well as a weight and density that limits the possibility of tipovers.
- We also fashion all exposed parts in our dressers and other furniture from solid hardwoods, minimizing the impact of fluctuations in humidity or temperatures. Every dresser includes a wall-anchoring kit, as well as world-class, soft-closing German hardware, preventing pinched fingers and increasing the life of the dressers. In independent tests, the hardware typically last for approximately 80,000 uses…about 70 years!
- The sides, back and front of the dressers are joined with English dovetails, known for their strength, as well as their unmatched elegance and beauty.
- Solid wood corner brackets on our furniture adds strength and durability while minimizing the chance of injury
- Vegetable or water-based finishes are applied to all our furniture, so that your child will not be exposed to any volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as lead, formaldehyde, phthalates or other known toxins
At Silva, we strictly adhere to the safety guidelines established by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) for the design and construction of children’s furniture. The slats on all our cribs are spaced according to CPSC recommendations, minimizing the likelihood that a child will fall or get caught between them. We also review all designs and manufacturing processes to ensure that there are no sharp edges or small parts in our furniture that may pose safety hazards to children.
To make certain our products meet CPSC standards, we regular take new designs and products to approved testing facilities for inspection, review and comment. We also monitor our European production facility, systematically auditing practices and procedures to maximize your child’s safety.
Choose the Silva 4-in-1 Bed for Safety and Durability from the Cradle to College
With relatively big-ticket items like beds, you can spend a lot of money if you have to buy something new every time your child reaches a new stage of development. Wouldn’t it be great if you could buy just one bed that would meet your child’s needs from infancy through high school and beyond. That’s exactly what you get with the Silva 4-in-1 crib:
- The High setting functions as a crib, offering the comfort and safety your child requires with the ease of access you need
- The Middle setting converts the 4-in-1 bed to meet the needs of a toddler, offering more independence while still keeping your child safe
- The Low setting will serve as your child’s first (and only) big kid bed
With a 4-in-1 bed from Silva Furniture, you’ll never have to buy another bed for your child—the bed adapts to their needs as they grow. Because of the quality European construction and attention to detail, you can trust that your Silva 4-in-1 bed will have the durability to last until your child leaves for college.
An Investments, not an expense
At Silva Furniture, we know raising a child is a significant expense. From our extensive and expensive experience we had learnt that making the best decisions will save a lot a time and money. In Europe, they say that "We're too poor, to buy cheap stuff". Think about it.
To learn more about our wide selection of children’s furniture, call us today at 980-585-1460 or contact us through our convenient contact form. We ship our outstanding baby furniture to locations throughout Texas, including the DFW Metroplex, and across the United States.