Cribs, Beds and Dressers Designed and Made with a Focus on the Well-Being of Your Child
As a parent, one of your first concerns, with anything you purchase for your child, is whether it will pose any risk of injury—you want products designed and built with your child’s safety in mind. But you also want to know you’re getting good value for your dollar.
Silva Furniture—A Wide Selection of Safe Children’s Furniture
At Silva, we have always made your child’s safety priority number one:
- Our cribs, beds and dressers are crafted in Europe only from sustainable resources, with all hardware, finishes and other materials also made exclusively in Europe. Furthermore, all of our wood vendors must comply with the terms of European Treaty for Forest Conservation and the Forest Stewardship Council.
- We use solid beechwood to make our cribs and beds. A revered Northern hemisphere hardwood comparable to oak or maple in its durability, beechwood also offers superior workability, finishing and mechanical properties. It’s an extremely dense and heavy wood, making it virtually impossible for a small child to tip over.
- In our children’s dressers, all exposed parts are engineered, designed and built with solid wood, minimizing the effect of changes in temperature or humidity. All dressers include a wall-anchoring kit, preventing them from falling on anyone, including your child. The soft-closing German hardware in our dressers helps avoid pinched fingers and gives the drawers an amazing longevity—independent tests consistently show a minimum of 80,000 uses—that’s about 70 years of everyday usage!
- The dresser drawers employ English dovetails to join them together. One of the most attractive forms of wood joinery, with a simple elegance, dovetails are also among the strongest and most reliable ways to hold wood together.
- The dressers also have solid wood corner brackets, further adding to their structural integrity and longevity, while minimizing the risk of injury
- All our furniture is finished with only water or vegetable-based substances, free of any VOCs (volatile organic compounds), such as lead, formaldehyde or other toxins, that may lead to health concerns
See and shop our products and collections at:
We have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) recommendations and requirements for children’s furniture and have developed our design and manufacturing processes in strict compliance. For example, all our cribs are made with the slats spaced in compliance with CPSC regulations, to minimize the risk that your child will fall through or get stuck in them. We’ve also consciously designed our furniture to eliminate sharp corners or small objects that may be harmful to children.
To further ensure that we are following all CPSC requirements and guidelines, we regularly take submit new products and designs to authorized CPSC testing facilities for inspection and review. We also conduct regular quality and safety audits at our European factory, ensuring that our cribs, beds and dressers are made with strict adherence to safety and health requirements.
Silva Furniture—Available in Richmond
At Silva Furniture, we have offered safe and durable children’s furniture to families in Richmond for nearly 30 years. Family owned and operated, we are proud to have our third generation involved in the day-to-day operations of our company.
Get Long-Term Value with a Silva 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Children grow quickly, especially in the first few years. Buying a new bed every time you child outgrows one can become expensive. That’s why we’ve developed the 4-in-1 bed, a unique design that allows you to adapt to the changing needs of your child:
- For infants, the High setting functions as a crib
- When your child becomes a toddler, the Middle setting is ideal
- When your child wants more independence and the ease of access of a big-kid bed, put the bed on the Low setting
With the 4-in-1 design concept, you can use the same crib/bed from baby to the teen years. The solid hardwood and the durable construction ensure the structural integrity for generations.