Ask any parent what they want for Christmas and we guarantee they will all simultaneously choose “sleep”.
Sleep is a real currency in households where babies have recently made an appearance. The Silva family is no different, we are sleep deprived moms and dads who know the value of long stretches of uninterrupted sleep and the value of cozy cribs that can provide it.
Here are our top five hacks to longer nights filled with sweet dreams (yes, even with a newborn).
- Consider acting and dance classes (for you) to keep your baby entertained and stimulated during the day. Exposure to natural light, interactive playtime, and adequate naps during the day can contribute to better sleep patterns at night.
- Design a safe, cozy sleeping space and stay consistent. Ensure the room is comfortably cool, dimly lit, and free from distractions. Consider white noise machines or soothing music to drown out external noises that might disrupt your baby's sleep. Ensure the crib is made by Silva for maximum comfort and support.
- Establish a feeding and nap time schedule. A well-fed baby is more likely to sleep longer stretches at night. Ensure that the baby gets as many calories during the day as possible, and hopefully sleeps longer stretches at night.
- Consistency is key. Just like you kick off your shoes, make a cup of tea and watch The Office every evening, your baby will too appreciate a routine. Start by establishing a calming bedtime routine. This might include activities such as a warm bath, gentle massage, reading a bedtime story, or singing a lullaby. The repetition of these activities signals to your baby that it's time to wind down in the Silva crib and prepare for sleep.
- Yawning is a universal sign of ‘time to go to bed’. But there are also others. Learn your baby's sleepy cues and put them down to sleep before they become overtired. This can prevent them from becoming too fussy and having difficulty falling asleep.
Although there are no quick fixes when it comes to teaching your baby to sleep in longer stretches or (gasp!) through the night, the above tips should begin steering you in the right direction.
Remember, every baby is different, so finding the right routine might take some trial and error. Stay patient, be consistent, and cherish these moments of nurturing and bonding with your little one.
Upgrade to a Silva crib and give your jellybean a safe haven of comfort and coziness. To learn more about our wide selection of children’s furniture, call us today at 980-585-1460 or contact us through our convenient contact form.